Monday, July 13, 2009

First Ride

Welcome! Appreciate you checking out my Globe bike blog-First post! Before I get to my first ride here's my experience. I've ridden bikes my whole life, worked at my Dad's bike shop growing up(Irvine Bike Co.) and raced BMX in Orange County as a kid. I chose the Haul 2 for it's classic look and comfortable ride. It comes with fenders but I yanked those immediately... don't need 'em, other than that the bike is as it comes. I posted a photo on my facebook and my friends were quick to comment- "a classic", "pimp", "perfect", "old school", "looks like a woody bike". My first ride was thru town to the gym and I was totally bummed when I got there because I wasn't done riding and was freaked about leaving it. After a few more spins around the neighborhood, I parked, locked it up, did the gym and rode home. I love this bike! Super good looking, rides great and the disc brakes work really good for quick stops... Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Damn, lucky! The new Globes look dope.

    http://www.bicyclescansavetheworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be total dork, but the picture you took shows the bike without fenders, and the Globe site shows the stock model with fenders. Did you take them off because it never rains where you live? =)

    I know for me, the last thing I want on me the street stank found in Manhattan.

    Ride on!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vinnie: When I get my Globe Live 3 bike, we should connect go for a ride, and compare bikes. I'm very curious about the Haul. -- Dan
    http://danglobebikes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete